Greek Yogurt Orange Cranberry Loaf
Makes 12 servings (1 slice per serving)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup orange juice (or juice of 1 orange, plus water to make ¾ cup total)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, sugar, egg, orange juice and orange zest. Add flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add cranberries, and walnuts. Stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into a greased loaf pan and bake on center rack in oven until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool fully on a wire rack. Slice into 12 slices and serve.
Nutritional Analysis per serving (1 slice): 184 calories, 4 g fat, 5 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate (30 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 223 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains