Greens with Hard-Boiled Egg
Makes 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- Place the egg in a small saucepan. Cover with 1 – 2 inches cold water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove egg from saucepan and transfer immediately to a bowl of ice water. Allow to cool thoroughly. Once cooled, carefully remove shell and slice egg in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with hard-boiled egg.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 186 calories, 10 g fat, 10 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 233 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 protein, 4 vegetable, 1 fat