Parsley Pesto Penne
Makes 4 servings (¾ cup pasta + 2 tbsp pesto per serving)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (6 oz.) dry penne pasta
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove from heat. Drain well and return cooked pasta to pot.
- Add pesto and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 248 calories, 10 g fat, 8 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (31 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 201 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 1 fat