Makes 9 servings (2 pancakes per serving)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups of canned evaporated milk
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, molasses, honey, vanilla and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour ¼ cup portions of batter onto lightly oiled fry pan or pancake griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, 1 – 2 minutes per side. Adjust heat setting as needed if pancakes brown too quickly.
- Serve hot with almond or peanut butter and a drizzle of syrup! Serve with a cooked egg or some Greek yogurt on the side for more protein.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 208 calories, 6 g fat, 8 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (30 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 458 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 1 protein