Slow Cooker Beef Roast
Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 10 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 2½ lb. beef round roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 10 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with herb mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- Pour wine, water and Worcestershire sauce around roast in the bottom of slow cooker. Arrange onions and carrots around roast.
- Cover and cook on low until beef is very tender, about 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from pot and slice meat or shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker and spoon juices over meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 170 calories, 3 g fat, 25 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate (5 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 322 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 proteins, 2 vegetables