Spicy Squash and Tofu Salad
Makes 3 servings (2½ cups per serving)
- 4 cups peeled diced butternut squash
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 pkg (350 g) firm tofu, diced into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine squash, red onion, tofu, tomatoes, garlic, oil and chili flakes. Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until squash is tender and vegetables are lightly browned, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss
- Serve on top of mixed greens with balsamic vinegar and garnished with sunflower seeds. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 345 calories, 13 g fat, 20 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate (32 g available carbohydrate), 14 g fibre, 68 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 1 fat