Turkey Zucchini Meatloaf
Makes 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1¼ lb. (567 g) lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess water squeezed out
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup peach preserves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine turkey, zucchini, carrot, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, Italian herbs, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley in large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Using hands, shape mixture into a 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove meatloaf from oven.
- In a small bowl, combine peach preserves and mustard. Spread mixture over meatloaf.
- Continue baking until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer meatloaf to platter.
- Cut into slices and serve with a roasted vegetables and roasted baby potatoes for a balanced plate!
*Meal prep tip: Make ahead of time and freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator and heat in the oven for 30 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 243 calories, 9 g fat, 22 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 604 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 1 vegetable