Greek Quinoa Salad
Makes 6 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 12 olives (jumbo, black or Kalamata)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set cooked quinoa aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and olives. Mix in cooled quinoa.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over top of salad.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and oregano in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Pour over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 339 calories, 12 g fat, 14 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate (39 g available carbohydrate), 7 g fibre, 348 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 2 proteins, 3 vegetables, 2 fats