Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 can (398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and curry powder, cook until onions begin to soften, about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, garlic and ginger and cook until cauliflower begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: this can be made ahead and frozen for up to three months. Add fresh cilantro and lime juice once thawed and reheated.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 105 calories, 2 g fat, 5 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 105 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables