Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
Makes 6 servings (1 3/4 cup per serving)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried yellow lentils, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced thinly
- 4 stalks celery, quartered lengthwise, and sliced thinly
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken (leftover, rotisserie, etc.)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine chicken broth and lentils in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Purée cooled lentils in a blender or food processor until smooth (you may need to work in batches).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until softened, about 6 – 8 minutes. Add lentil purée, chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: portion into individual servings and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat: thaw, and then microwave, or heat in a pot on the stove.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 334 calories, 9 g fat, 32 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate (27 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 600 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 4 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat