Honey Orange Tilapia
Slow Cooker Recipe
Makes 4 servings (1 tilapia fillet per serving)
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (284 mL) mandarin oranges canned in water, drained
- Place each tilapia fillet in the center of a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle each fillet with balsamic vinegar and honey. Top fillets with mandarin orange segments, dividing equally.
- Fold and crimp edges of foil to form a packet.
- Transfer packets to a slow cooker and arrange to fit in the bottom of liner. Note: you can place all fillets in one foil packet if that fits better in your slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup water to bottom of slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for two hours, or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition analysis per serving: 162 calories, 23 g protein, 2 g fat, 14 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 50 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 proteins, 1 fruit