Ginger Miso Soup with Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Makes 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp low sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp low sodium miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped broccolini
- 2 cups buckwheat soba noodles
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- In a pot, combine ginger, water, tamari and miso paste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a small frypan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and broccolini, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Add broth, vegetables and noodles to four serving bowls, dividing equally. Top each with a hard-cooked egg and sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 235 calories, 11 g fat, 14 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 1502 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 fat