Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
Makes 4 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 2 cups diced peeled carrots
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 pkg (250 g) rice vermicelli noodles
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add carrots, peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, curry paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth and chicken breasts to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to pot and add coconut milk. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice vermicelli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add lime juice, zest and noodles to soup and remove from heat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 370 calories, 6 g fat, 28 g protein, 56 g carbohydrate (51 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 653 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 3 grains, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat