Spicy Tofu Kebabs
Makes 2 servings (1 kebab per serving)
- 1 package of medium firm tofu (350g), drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves roughly chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp togarashi spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Soak bamboo skewers in warm water for at least one hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, or preheat the BBQ on medium-high heat.
- Combine ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, togarashi and olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cut tofu into 8 pieces and transfer to a medium bowl. Add marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Thread tofu and vegetables alternately onto soaked skewers.
- Cook, turning skewers occasionally, until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 323 calories, 19 g fat, 25 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate (12 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 299 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat