Spring Pea and Mint Soup
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Add celery, onion, garlic, cauliflower, broth, salt and pepper to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add peas, spinach and mint. Cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth (alternately, an immersion blender may be used to purée soup). Return soup to pot and reheat over medium-low heat until hot, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 95 calories, 0 g fat, 5 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 200 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 vegetables