Traditional Veggie Burger
Makes 4 servings (1 patty per serving)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 tbsp water
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup frozen kernel corn, thawed
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cooked lentils, cooled
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed and water. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine wild rice, brown rice, corn, black beans, lentils, carrots, green onions, parsley, cilantro, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper. Stir in flaxseed mixture.
- Transfer half of mixture to a food processor or blender. Purée until almost smooth, then add back to reserved mixture in bowl. Stir well to combine. Form into four patties.
- Transfer patties to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until heated through and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 124 calories, 4 g fat, 5 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 66 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein