Makes 4 servings (1 tortilla per serving)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers and cook, stirring, until starting to char, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add green onion, chili powder, garlic powder, chicken and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, dividing evenly. Top with chicken mixture and fold tortillas in half.
- Using a paper towel, wipe fry pan clean. Add one or two tortillas to fry pan.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned on both sides, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: Make chicken filling ahead of time and freeze for up to three months. Simply thaw, then fill the tortillas and fry when ready to eat.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 370 calories, 13 g fat, 35 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 715 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 4 proteins, 2 vegetables