Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
Makes 4 servings (1¾ cups per serving)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, peppers, carrots and snap peas. Cook until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce mixture to pan and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened slightly, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 205 calories, 5 g fat, 25 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 529 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables