Mediterranean Baked Zucchini
Serves 3 (2 halves per serving)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 tbsp hummus
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh chopped basil, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash zucchini, trim ends and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish, cut side up. Add ¼ cup water to baking dish.
- Bake just until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile combine tomatoes, 2 tbsp basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano and remaining 1 tbsp basil with hummus. Stir to combine.
- Once zucchini is cool enough to handle, scoop out seeds and discard.
- Spoon 1 tbsp hummus mixture into each zucchini half and top with the tomato mixture, dividing equally.
- Bake zucchini until tomato mixture is slightly softened, about 10 minutes. If desired, broil for the last 2-3 minutes just until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle zucchini with cheese and fresh basil if desired. Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 150 calories, 8 g fat, 7 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (10 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 236 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 protein, 4 vegetables, 1 fat