Makes 4 servings (1 halibut fillet per serving)
- 4 halibut fillets (5 oz/140 g each)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat canola oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe fry pan until oil is shimmering.
- Pat halibut dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear halibut until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and add sage leaves and garlic.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer fish to serving plates and cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to medium heat and add white wine, butter and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 218 calories, 11 g fat, 30 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate (1 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 263 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 proteins, 1 fat