Stewed Rhubarb Chia Parfaits
Makes 2 servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2½ cups sliced rhubarb
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, chia seeds, honey and lemon zest. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender but not completely falling apart, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. If rhubarb mixture is too tart, add more sugar if needed.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Add ¼ cup of stewed rhubarb to a small jar or serving bowl. Top with half of the yogurt chia mixture, then finish with a heaping tablespoon of the rhubarb mixture.
- Repeat process with another small jar or bowl. You will have some stewed rhubarb left to enjoy later! Transfer leftover rhubarb mixture to a resealable container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 242 calories, 4 g fat, 14 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate (36 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 45 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 2 fruits