Sweet Potato Cauliflower Mash
Makes 6 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 3 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Steam sweet potato and cauliflower in a large steaming basket over a large pot of boiling water until very tender (may need to do this in batches).
- Transfer cauliflower and sweet potatoes to a food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Alternatively, purée using an immersion blender or mash with a potato masher.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
This dish can be served as a side with a dinner meal, or leftovers can be paired with a protein (mix in tuna or cheese) for a hearty snack. Sweet potatoes are a source of Vitamin B6, a water-soluble vitamin that is important for energy production and metabolism of carbohydrates, protein and fat. Vitamin B6 also plays an important role in brain health.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 77 calories, 0 g fat, 3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 251 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 vegetable