Vegetable Salad Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Serves 10 (1 roll per serving)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1–2 tbsp water
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 mini cucumbers, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- To make peanut sauce, whisk together all sauce ingredients until combined. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Fill a pie plate or wide shallow bowl with cold water. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water until wet on both sides, about 5 seconds.
- Transfer to a clean work surface (to prevent sticking, a clean plastic cutting board works best). Rice paper wrapper will not be fully softened at this stage but will continue to soften fully as you assemble the roll.
- Place 3 basil leaves on bottom ⅓ of wrapper. Layer with about 1 tbsp of peppers, carrots and cucumbers and 2 tbsp cabbage. Sprinkle with 2 tsp green onions. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with a clean damp tea towel while assembling remaining rolls.
- Repeat process with remaining rice paper wrappers and vegetables.
- Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy!
Note: To make these salad rolls into a meal, try adding some cooked rice vermicelli noodles as well as a protein such as sliced tofu, cooked shrimp or leftover thinly sliced cooked pork.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 100 calories, 4 g fat, 3 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 293 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 vegetable, 1 fat