Warm Beet Salad with Citrus Dressing
Makes 4 servings (2½ cups per serving)
- 2 large beets, tops trimmed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped basil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place beets and ¼ cup water in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake, covered, until beets are tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 – 55 minutes.
- Set beets aside to cool. Peel beets and slice thinly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over sliced beets and stir gently to combine.
- Divide mixed greens evenly between four serving plates. Top with beet mixture, dividing equally. Sprinkle with feta cheese and fresh basil. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 200 calories, 11 g fat, 7 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate (14 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 534 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 vegetables, 1 protein, 1 fat