White Fish Lettuce Wraps
Makes 4 servings (2 lettuce wraps per serving)
For Spice Mix:
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 firm-fleshed white fish fillets (170 g/6 oz each), such as tilapia, cod, sole, etc.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup diced ripe avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- In a small bowl stir together paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut each fish fillet into four pieces. Sprinkle half of spice mixture over fish fillets evenly. Flip fillets, and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, carefully add fish fillets. Cook until lightly browned and slightly crispy and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- To build lettuce wraps, layer 2 pieces of lettuce on top of each other. Add fish and top with avocado, tomatoes, and mango.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 176 calories, 7 g fat, 17g protein, 13 g carbohydrate (10 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fiber, 90 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat