Makes 4 servings (1 taco per serving)
- 2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground pork (ground chicken or turkey would work too)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp grated ginger, fresh
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- cilantro sprigs
- 4 whole wheat tortilla shells (6 inch)
- In medium bowl, combine broccoli slaw, purple cabbage, sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- In a medium frying pan, cook pork over medium-high heat with cilantro, hoisin sauce, ginger, hot sauce and green onions. Cook until pork is no longer pink.
- Fill each tortilla with ¼ cup pork mixture and ½ cup cabbage mixture.
- Top each taco with sliced peppers, dividing equally. Add a sprinkle of green onion and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 322 calories, 11 g fat, 24 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 6 g fibre, 569 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 3 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat