Baked Chocolate Raspberry Oatmeal
Makes 12 servings (1 square per serving)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, microwaved to soften for about 45-60 seconds
- 4 small-medium bananas, ripe, peeled
- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 ⅓ cups quick oats, or old-fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Add the first 7 ingredients (frozen raspberries to vanilla) to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add shredded coconut and oats. Stir to combine.
- Let mixture sit for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature to allow oats to absorb the liquid – this will produce a smooth texture after baked.
- Pour mixture back into blender and add baking soda and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan and top with more frozen raspberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cooked through (until the center is set). Let cool in pan on a rack. Slice into 12 squares and wrap individually. Place wrapped oatmeal squares in a plastic bag and freeze for later breakfast portions. (Leave a few squares in the fridge for the week!)
Nutritional analysis per serving: 209 calories, 9 g fat, 7 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate (25 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 210 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 fruit, 1 fat