Coconut Curry Cod with Bok Choy
Makes 4 servings (1/2 fish fillet, 1 head bok choy, 1/2 cup vegetables, 1/2 cup sauce per serving)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey or coconut syrup
- 2 (8 oz.) cod fillets, cut in half
- 4 heads baby bok choy, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, diced, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a high-rimmed pan over medium heat, add coconut milk, vegetable broth, lime juice, curry powder, canola oil, ginger, garlic and honey. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Add cod and cook, covered, until fish is done (fish will be opaque and flake easily), about for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bok choy, bell pepper and zucchini in a large fry pan with ½ cup of water and cook over medium-high heat, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 4 – 6 minutes.
- Divide steamed vegetables and coconut curry sauce among four plates. Top with fish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 333 calories, 10 g fat, 32 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate (22 g available carbohydrate), 11 g fibre, 689 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 4 proteins, 4 vegetables, 1 fat