Egg Salad Sandwiches
Makes 4 servings (2 slices bread + 1/2 cup filling per serving)
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine all ingredients except bread in a medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to 4 pieces of bread, dividing equally. Place second piece of bread on top of filling to enclose sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 323 calories, 11 g fat, 22 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 5 g fibre, 616 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 2 grains, 3 proteins