Five-Spice Tofu with Bok Choy and Basmati Rice
Makes 3 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 1 block (350 g) firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 cups bok choy, chopped
- 1 tbsp walnut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1½ cups cooked brown basmati rice, kept warm
- In a medium bowl, toss tofu with soy sauce and five-spice powder.
- Steam chopped bok choy just until tender, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu to pan and cook until browned on all sides and heated through, turning every 30-60 seconds. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add steamed bok choy and green onions to pan. Toss to combine. Cook just until heated through, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Divide equally in three portions and serve with half cup cooked rice. Enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 290 calories, 13 g fat, 17 g protein, 32 g carbohydrate (29 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fibre, 373 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1 fat