Makes 10 servings (1 pancake per serving)
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup milk (1%)
Optional: Top with vanilla Greek yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, combine brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup, eggs, oil and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over mix. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a pancake griddle or large fry pan over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour ¼ cup portions of batter onto griddle. Cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Adjust heat setting as needed if pancakes brown too quickly.
- Top with Greek yogurt, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon to serve!
Nutritional analysis per serving (without toppings): 132 calories, 4 g fat, 4 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate (18 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 134 mg sodium
My Viva Plan® Servings (without toppings): 1 grain, 1 fat