Liver and Onions
Makes 4 servings (4 oz. per serving)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 16 oz. beef liver, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add liver and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red wine and scrape any stuck-on pieces off from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 269 calories, 9 g fat, 30 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate (11 g available carbohydrate), 1 g fibre, 82 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 4 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat