Loaded Veggie Baked Egg Cups
Makes 4 servings (2 egg cups per serving)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup broccoli, chopped into small pieced
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk (1%)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and peppers. Cook until soft and excess moisture is evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add cooled vegetables to egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin tin, filling each muffin cup no more than ¾ full .
- Bake until eggs are set, about 17−20 minutes, .
- Serve and enjoy!
*Meal prep tip: can be frozen for up to three months.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 166 calories, 10 g fat, 12 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate (2 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 156 mg sodium
My Viva Plan Servings: 2 proteins, 1 vegetable