Spanish Potato Omelette
Makes 4 servings (¾ cup per serving)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1½ cups grated unpeeled potatoes
- 6 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and grated potatoes, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until potatoes are golden brown and vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, water, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently with a spatula just until eggs begin to set, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Cook, without stirring, until bottom of omelette is golden, about 2 minutes. Carefully slide omelette onto large plate; invert pan over plate and invert again to turn omelette.
- Cook until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 – 2 minutes. Cut omelette into quarters.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per one: 216 calories, 11 g fat, 15 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate (13 g available carbohydrate), 3 g fiber, 140 mg sodium.
My Viva Servings: 1 grain, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fat