Warm Egg and Turkey Bacon Spinach Salad
Makes 4 servings (2 cups per serving)
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- ¼ cup chopped cooked turkey bacon (about 4 slices cooked)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water (as needed)
- Divide spinach between 4 serving plates. Top each serving with onion, bell pepper, eggs and bacon, dividing equally. Set aside.
- To prepare vinaigrette, add garlic, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, mustard and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until combined. Adjust consistency with water if needed.
- Transfer vinaigrette to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Set aside to cool slightly for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Drizzle salads with warm vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 210 calories, 14 g fat, 11 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate (6 g available carbohydrate), 2 g fibre, 386 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 1 protein, 3 vegetables, 1 fat