Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Makes 12 servings (½ cup per serving)
- 1 apple, cored and cut into small chunks
- 1½ cups of milk (1%)
- 3½ cups old-fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1½ cups canned pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt (2%), optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend apple with milk in blender until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add oats, pumpkin, eggs, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and bake for 20‐25 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top each serving with a generous tablespoon of vanilla Greek yogurt.
Nutritional analysis per serving (with Greek yogurt): 178 calories, 5 g fat, 7 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate (23 g available carbohydrate), 4 g fibre, 165 mg sodium
My Viva Servings: 2 grains, 1 protein